|Company Name||Blue Raven Solar|
|Salary Range||$50,000 - $60,000|
|Job Type||Full-time M-F|
|Education Level||Some College|
|Years of Experience||1 year +|
|Industry||Renewable energy; Utilities; Solar|
About Blue Raven Solar
Blue Raven Solar, a Peterson Partner backed venture, is a retailer of residential home solar systems. In less than 2 years Blue Raven Solar has gone from 3 to over 400 team members nationwide and became a top 10 solar company in the U.S.
Throw some sun on your career and discover one of the fastest growing companies in the country that’s ranked #1 nationwide in customer satisfaction by SolarReviews.com and named Utah’s 2018 Best of State for Solar Technology!The Installation Manager is Blue Raven Solar’s office-based leader of field installation teams. An expert in the field as well as the office, they provide day-to-day oversight of the installation team. Scope for this role includes management of the entire employee experience including hiring, onboarding, retention, performance management, and separation.
This is a hands-on role that requires a person who has been in the field, can relate to the challenges inherent in installing solar, and can act as the consummate player-coach in support of excellent installation performance.
Responsibilities of the Installation Manager:
– Act as a primary contact for installation teams
– Ensure installers are paid accurately and timely for their hours worked and completed
– Measure and report on installer performance (quantity and quality of work)
– Perform daily performance audits
– Perform bimonthly check ins with each crew lead and electrician
– Provide coaching and feedback on a regular basis
– Partner with the field recruiter to staff nationwide installation teams
– Predict and communicate hiring needs weekly
– Conduct face to face and web-based video interviewing
– Handle escalations directly and ensure sensible, workable outcomes for homeowners, installers, inspectors and Blue Raven
– Partner with the Installation Quality and Safety Manager to ensure compliance and successful implantation of safety programming
– Identify, prioritize, and solve tough problems
– Support schedule management for all Installers
– Develop and refine standard processes for the installation team
– Analyze long-term installation team trends and develop comprehensive solutions
– Weekly problem resolution, including problem and project prioritization
– Report on all responsibilities and projects to the Senior Manager of Installation
– Provide onsite installation support and training as needed
– Adhere to all safety and compliance regulations
– Coordinate entrance into emerging markets including market analysis and workforce planning
– Travel to install sites and summits as needed
– Has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
– Managerial experience (coaching and development) (2+ years)
– Demonstrable experience as a solar installer (2+ years)
– Knowledge of industry and construction safety standards
– Concise and professional communication skills, both verbal and written
– Ability to make decisions, problem solve and prioritize assignments in a dynamic construction environment
– Excellent project management, organizational, and critical thinking skills
– Great attitude and a willingness to assist with a variety of tasks as they come
– Versatile and adaptable to consistent change
– A go-getter who is willing to take on responsibility, solve issues, and create results
– Work as a team, encourage others, and expect hard work
– Strong prioritization & process improvement skills
– Experience managing field contractors (roofing, electrical upgrades, home repair, etc.)
– Experience managing remote employees
– Experience in corporate solar environment
– Electrical experience including understanding of NEC codes
– NABCEP certification
Working Environment & Physical Requirements:
This role is primarily office based on our American Fork, UT Corporate office with regular site visits into the field. The following physical skills are required:
– Travel as need (as much as 2 weeks/month)
– Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
– Ability to climb, crawl, crouch, and lift to 50lbx
– Ability to operate on a rooftop and heights above 10ft.
Blue Raven Solar – Residential Solar Company
Blue Raven Solar is a national leader in residential solar, and we are ranked #1 nationwide in customer satisfaction by SolarReviews.com. When Blue Raven Solar first started in 2014, there were 3 of us working out of a basement. Today, just 3 short years later, there are more than 400 members of the Blue Raven family nationwide.
Our mission is to make homeowners’ lives better by saving them money, while increasing their reliance on clean and abundant renewable energy. We accomplish this by providing a world class customer experience through an innovative, reliable process and a speedy, high-quality installation.
Blue Raven Solar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you and all other persons without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blue Raven participates in E-Verify.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.