Installation Quality and Safety Manager
Installation Quality and Safety Manager
|Company Name||Blue Raven Solar|
|Salary Range||$50,000 - $60,000|
|Job Type||Full-time M-F|
|Education Level||Four Year Degree|
|Years of Experience||2 years +|
|Industry||Renewable energy; Utilities; Solar|
About Blue Raven Solar
Blue Raven Solar, a Peterson Partner backed venture, is a retailer of residential home solar systems. In less than 2 years Blue Raven Solar has gone from 3 to over 400 team members nationwide and became a top 10 solar company in the U.S.
Throw some sun on your career and discover one of the fastest growing companies in the country that’s ranked #1 nationwide in customer satisfaction by SolarReviews.com and named Utah’s 2018 Best of State for Solar Technology! The Installation Quality and Safety Manager is Blue Raven Solar’s office-based leader of field safety. They are responsible for the development, implementation, and management of safety programs that support a variety of field roles including: Installers, Site Surveyors, Field Operations Technicians, Electricians, etc.
In addition, they oversee the development and implementation of the installation training program and are responsible for ensuring that all installers are appropriately trained and held accountable for their work. This role is based on our corporate offices with regular travel nationwide to worksites, field offices, and summits.
Responsibilities of the Installation Quality and Safety Manager:
– Act as a primary training and safety contact for installation teams
– Act as the company expert in quality and safety
– Manage and expand existing best-practice safety programs
– Manage safety & compliance onboarding for new employees:
– Ensure all field employees are trained and can demonstrate safety best practices prior to beginning work at Blue Raven
– Ensure all installers are trained on and can demonstrate installation best practices by prescribed milestones
– Measure and report on field employee safety and standard procedure adherence including site cleanliness
– Measure on provide weekly reporting on installation quality
– Perform daily safety audits and provide coaching on a regular basis
– Provide daily coaching and feedback as needed
– Act as a field management backup in employee interviewing
– Partner effectively with the Installation Manager & Field Installation Trainers
– Identify, prioritize, and solve tough problems
– Develop, refine, and maintain standard operating processes
– Analyze long-term safety team trends and develop comprehensive solutions
– Weekly problem resolution, including problem and project prioritization
– Report on all responsibilities and projects to the Senior Manager of Installation
– Provide onsite installation support and training as needed
– Partner with the HR and Legal Department in the administration and management of Worker’s Compensation and OSHA requirements
– Has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
– Demonstrable experience as a solar installer
– Experience with operational risk management
– Knowledge of best-practice industry and construction safety standards
– Experience with effective implementation of policy change and retraining
– Strong attention to detail and documentation
– Concise and professional communication skills, both verbal and written
– Ability to make decisions, problem solve and prioritize assignments in a dynamic construction environment
– Excellent project management, organizational, and critical thinking skills
– Great attitude and a willingness to assist with a variety of tasks as they come
– Versatile and adaptable to consistent change
– A go-getter who is willing to take on responsibility, solve issues, and create results
– Work as a team, encourage others, and expect hard work
– Strong prioritization & process improvement skills
– Managerial experience (coaching and development) 1+ years
– Experience in a corporate solar environment
– Electrical experience including understanding of NEC codes
– NABCEP certification
– 2+ years in solar installation
Working Environment & Physical Requirements:
This role is primarily office based on our American Fork, UT Corporate office with regular site visits into the field. The following physical skills are required:
– Travel as need (as much as 2 weeks/month)
– Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
– Ability to climb, crawl, crouch, and lift to 50lbx
– Ability to operate on a rooftop and heights above 10ft.
Blue Raven Solar – Residential Solar Company:
Blue Raven Solar is a national leader in residential solar, and we are ranked #1 nationwide in customer satisfaction by SolarReviews.com. When Blue Raven Solar first started in 2014, there were 3 of us working out of a basement. Today, just 3 short years later, there are more than 400 members of the Blue Raven family nationwide.
Our mission is to make homeowners’ lives better by saving them money, while increasing their reliance on clean and abundant renewable energy. We accomplish this by providing a world class customer experience through an innovative, reliable process and a speedy, high-quality installation.
Blue Raven Solar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you and all other persons without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blue Raven participates in E-Verify.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.