Regional Installation Manager
Regional Installation Manager
|Company Name||Blue Raven Solar|
|Salary Range||Competitive DOE|
|Job Type||Full time|
|Education Level||Bachelor's Required|
|Years of Experience||2+|
About Blue Raven Solar
Blue Raven Solar, a Peterson Partner backed venture, is a retailer of residential home solar systems. In less than 2 years Blue Raven Solar has gone from 3 to over 400 team members nationwide and became a top 10 solar company in the U.S.
Blue Raven Solar, a fast-growing start-up backed by Peterson Partners, is seeking a highly skilled Regional Installation Manager with a minimum 2 years of work experience in a solar installation management role. The Regional Installation Manager will assist the Head of Installation to recruit, train and set up installation crews, monitor and improve upon our current quality and safety programs and aid in selecting installation materials to increase efficiency. This person will be pivotal in creating our installation program from the bottom up.
Blue Raven is a retailer of residential home solar systems. We have gone from essentially zero to a nationwide top-10 solar originator. Revenues have grown 10x over the last 2 years and the company is profitable.
We are seeking a candidate who can help build our installation program from the bottom up. An ideal candidate is a natural leader with strong instincts for the balance between quality and productivity. A person who responds quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment, with the skill to lay the groundwork of a world-class installation program. An ideal candidate will have learned his craft at a solar company with a strong operations reputation.
Excellent pay, benefits, and growth opportunity in an exciting environment.
Working Conditions: Work is primarily conducted in the field – recruiting, training and evaluating crews. Two-thirds in the field, one-third in the home office in American Fork, UT. Travel required. Periodic weekend or evening work may be required depending on workload.
- Reports to Director of Installation
- New market recruiting, training and set up
- Installer recruiting and staffing
- Installation material selection and cost control
- Installation quality program development, implementation and improvement
- Safety program development, implementation and improvement
- BS degree from a four-year college or university (required)
- Two+ years of experience as a foreman/ops manager/lead with hiring/firing, quality, and safety responsibility for at least 4 crews at a reputable solar installer
- Electrical experience sufficient to train electricians without a solar background preferred
- Installation experience sufficient to build a program to train rough carpenters and roofers into solar installers preferred
- OSHA certification preferred
- Strong initiative, excellent collaboration skills, and willingness to accept accountability
- Critical thinking, intelligent decision-making, root-cause problem solving and strong detail management
- A track record of academic success
- Creating and executing plans; providing follow-through to some type of measured success
- Data-driven analysis (must be able to use Microsoft Excel)
- Values and provides strong customer service to all stakeholders
- Training experience sufficient to train rough carpenters and roofers to be solar installers
- Electrical experience sufficient to train electricians without solar experience