Solar PV Designer
Solar PV Designer
|Company Name||Blue Raven Solar|
|Salary Range||Competitive DOE|
|Job Type||Full time|
|Education Level||Some college|
|Years of Experience||2 years CAD experience|
About Blue Raven Solar
Blue Raven Solar, a Peterson Partner backed venture, is a retailer of residential home solar systems. In less than 2 years Blue Raven Solar has gone from 3 to over 400 team members nationwide and became a top 10 solar company in the U.S.
The Blue Raven Solar PV Designer is responsible for creating the final designs of solar arrays to be installed and making adjustments based on required changes to the plan. Solar PV Designers also assess roof conditions and also anticipate structural issues that may arise during the installation process.
- Prepares detailed electrical and structural design drawings for Residential Solar PV systems sufficient for permitting and installation using AutoCAD and custom design tools.
- Qualify work and check for any issues with existing residential sites for possible construction related problems.
- Estimate Accurate Production of Solar PV systems with given design software.
- Work with design team to complete projects in efficient and accurate manner.
- Make revisions to drawings based off client or AHJ request.
- Understand 2-D drawings and Arial view imagery
- Contribute to root-cause problem solving as an entrepreneur in the Solar PV design related responsibilities.
- Prepare to be a possible candidate for management by understanding engineering and PV design concepts with a strong aptitude for quality and efficiency.
- 2-5 years’ experience in electrical or structural engineering preferred. Solar PV field preferred.
- Bachelor’s (Mechanical, Structural, Electrical Engineering preferred, not required)
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD; Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Knowledge of National Electric Code is preferred.
- Ability to pay attention to small details and self-proof read for accuracy.
- Demonstrated structural, mechanical, and electrical design skills, ability to generate accurate, highly‐detailed construction drawings
- Competitive hourly rate
- 10 days PTO
- Medical, dental and vision coverage available for employee