Structural PE Engineer
Structural PE Engineer
|Company Name||Blue Raven Solar|
|Job Type||Full-time M-F|
|Education Level||Four Year Degree Required|
|Years of Experience||1 year +|
|Industry||Renewable energy; Utilities; Solar|
About Blue Raven Solar
Blue Raven Solar, a Peterson Partner backed venture, is a retailer of residential home solar systems. In less than 2 years Blue Raven Solar has gone from 3 to over 400 team members nationwide and became a top 10 solar company in the U.S.
Throw some sun on your career and discover one of the fastest growing companies in the country that’s ranked #1 nationwide in customer satisfaction by SolarReviews.com and named Utah’s 2018 Best of State for Solar Technology! The In-House Licensed Structural PE Engineer will be a key member of our PV Design team. This position is responsible for stamping Blue Raven Solar plan sets and write a structural review letter on various residential structures.
As a licensed Structural PE, you will be responsible for the review, approval and certification of all structural aspects of PV solar installations to residential projects, review site photos and side view drawings to use in structural loading calculations. You will also develop in-house structural analysis software to speed up design engineering process for PV installations. Blue Raven Solar will help in the financing cost of obtaining additional PE licensing in multiple states across the country if further licensing is required.
Responsibilities of the Structural PE Engineer:
Candidates must have a high attention to detail and be resilient when faced with challenges in order to:
– Represent Blue Raven Solar on all structural engineering related items for the installation of residential PV solar.
– Stamp and certify the installation of solar PV systems in Idaho and/or Colorado residential structures.
– Obtain licensing in other Blue Raven Solar markets as quickly as possible.
– Review the structural integrity of residential structures and determine if adequate for addition of a solar PV array.
– Responsible in preparing a structural engineering letter and structural calculations approving installation of residential PV systems.
– Develop process / templates for quick letter deliverable and calculations, structural framing analysis, Structural loading analysis, etc.
Qualifications of the Structural PE Engineer:
A strong candidate will be able to show a track record of:
– Licensed Structural PE in Idaho and/or Colorado. A current license in any of the following states would be preferred but not required: Utah, Nevada, Oregon, North Carolina, South Carolina, or Illinois.
– Familiar with ASCE loading calculations.
– Track record of improving process, root-cause problem solving, building tools to simplify work.
– Sound verbal communication and technical writing skills
– Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
– Proficient with structural engineering software
– Solar energy background preferred
– AutoCAD drafting experience preferred
– Minimal travel possible to obtain further licensing on company expense
– PTO and Holidays
– Medical, dental and vision coverage
– Discounts for going solar
Blue Raven Solar – Residential Solar Company
Blue Raven Solar is a national leader in residential solar, and we are ranked #1 nationwide in customer satisfaction by SolarReviews.com. When Blue Raven Solar first started in 2014, there were 3 of us working out of a basement. Today, just 4 short years later, there are more than 400 members of the Blue Raven family nationwide.
Our mission is to make homeowners’ lives better by saving them money, while increasing their reliance on clean and abundant renewable energy. We accomplish this by providing a world class customer experience through an innovative, reliable process and a speedy, high-quality installation.
Blue Raven Solar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you and all other persons without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Blue Raven participates in E-Verify.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.