Going Solar in Four Easy Steps
Did you see your neighbors get solar panels installed on their roof? Or a billboard in your area promoting solar energy? Or discovered and connected with a solar company on social media?
Maybe you didn’t do any of these, but you find yourself interested in solar energy.
At Blue Raven Solar, we want to give our customers the best solar experience, saving them thousands of dollars, and bringing them peace of mind. It’s comforting to know energy can come from clean, renewable resources right above our heads, and we want to help you do the same.
As a top solar provider in the nation, we have seen people go through different types of scenarios with other companies before they decide Blue Raven Solar is right for them. We understand homeowners often want to do extensive research before pulling the trigger on such a big purchase. So, we have been diligent in providing diverse resources to make the research process simple and straightforward.
Many of those resources involve making the decision to go solar, but once you have done that, what now?
Blue Raven Solar is here to help.
Here are the next four steps to consider:
1. Find a Solar Provider
There are hundreds of established solar companies throughout the nation; therefore, it can be difficult to narrow down your choices. Finding the best one for you and your needs can take time.
Take note and pay attention to:
- Online Reviews – Platforms like SolarReviews, the Better Business Bureau, and Google can have comments from verified customers who have all had different experiences with solar companies. Pay attention to those with lower averages and to those responding to negative reviews. Blue Raven Solar always tries to resolve all issues with customers who may have had something go wrong during their time with us.
- Social Media – When a company has a strong social media presence, they show their credibility and expertise in their field and the industry around them. These channels are also a place for customers to comment on their concerns. Take note of which companies reply to comments, engage with their audience, and which companies do nothing.
- Leasing vs Buying – Many solar companies have an option to lease panels and entire solar systems or may promote something called a Power Purchase Agreement. Blue Raven Solar only offers purchasing options.
After you have found different companies and compared them, we hope Blue Raven Solar stands out as a frontrunner.
2. Select Your Financing Option
Solar panel systems are not a small purchase. They might be one of the biggest purchases you make in your lifetime.
Luckily, they increase property value (in many states, without raising property taxes), bring tax credits, and have other financial benefits like net metering and rebates. While these may make the purchase more exciting, it does not change the price.
What can change is the way you go about handling the total price. Blue Raven Solar offers three different financing options you could qualify for outside of an up-front cash payment, to help make the switch to solar with digestible costs and payment plans.
- BluePower – A financing option with long-term savings. Similar to a cash purchase but when you cannot put all the money down at once. Payments start 60 days after installation.
- BluePower Plus+ – An award-winning product designed and created to get homeowners savings more quickly with $0 down and the first 18 months of their system for free. That’s right, FREE.
- SmartStart – Allows homeowners to go solar for $0 down and guarantees low monthly payments for 5 years.
Learn more about SmartStart, BluePower Plus+ and our other financing options or request a free quote today to speak with one of our solar experts about the best financing product for you.
3. Coordinate Proposal(s), Scheduling, and Design
Once you have decided on your company and your financing, it is time to get the ball rolling. If you have spoken with a solar expert, here at Blue Raven Solar, you will likely be getting your custom proposal and array design soon. From there, your next meeting is most likely already scheduled.
If you have not received your free custom quote, now is the time to do it! You can learn about your home’s potential for solar savings, different financing products, and schedule an appointment to go over your custom array design and proposal.
We have several experts, across the country, who can work with you and your schedule, no matter how busy you are. We will be there for you when you need us, but we also promise if you decide a custom solar panel system is not for you, we will leave you alone.
Once everything is approved, signed off, and scheduled you can sit back and relax. We have teams devoted to permit approval, utility partnerships and scheduling, inspections, and everything in between. If you have any questions or concerns, our team is ready to answer them at any time!
Let us do the hard work for you.
4. Installation and Activation
Lastly, your system will be installed and activated.
Scheduled in advance, this takes a few hours (depending on the size) and is completed by expert installers and electricians.
After your panels are on your roof, they will be inspected by someone from the local utility company, hooked up to the grid for net metering, and then, your system will be ready to begin producing power for your home. For more details on what activation looks like, check out our playbook for a step-by-step process. As the sun continues to shine, your panels will produce energy and save you money along the way.
With Blue Raven Solar, homeowners are getting the best possible products and services when they switch to solar energy. Join our movement to end the nation’s reliance on fossil fuels and other nonrenewable energy sources polluting our air and impacting our planet and environment.
Ready to take the first step on your solar journey?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.